The Victorian Branch of Soil Science Australia hosts the GW Leeper Memorial Lecture annually.
The 27th GW Leeper Memorial Lecture will be given by Professor Tony O'Donnell, Pro Vice Chancellor, Executive Dean of Science, The University of Western Australia
"We do things differently in the West"
When: Friday 17 November 2017, 5.00 - 6.30pm
Where: University of Melbourne.
Bookings essential via this link.
Career Highlights of Dr. Geoffrey W. Leeper 1903 - 1986
• Educated University of Melbourne (BSc 1924, MSc 1926)
• University of Adelaide 1927
• Rowett Research Institute Scotland 1929
• Research scholar in chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Melbourne 1930-32
• Lecturer in Agricultural Chemistry 1933-46
• Associate Professor 1946-62
• Professor 1962-69
• President, Royal Society of Victoria 1959-60
• President, Victorian Branch, Australian Institute of Agricultural Science
• Honorary Life Fellow, Royal Australian Chemical Institute.
Geoffrey Leeper wrote four books - two on trace elements, one on soil chemistry and one on soils. Peter Ryan described Leeper as "one of Australia’s most distinguished and useful citizens" (quoted in The Age newspaper, 1986, several years after Leeper's death).